Work has been long days all week for both of us. Due to the lack of quality sleep, those days are tough! On Thursday of last week, I left late for work to find a blanket of fog that kept me from seeing the mailbox at the end of the driveway. Immediately the blood pressure spikes. Not only am I getting a late start, but I'll never make up the time in this fog with morning traffic, and I'm gonna be late. The commute was slow as expected but steady and much easier than expected. I felt the tension slackening a little bit.
I tuned to KLOVE, and there was a woman caller on talking to the djs. I had missed the original reason for her call, but what I heard really caught me. Then they asked her if she could hold to continue the story in 15 minutes. I was so disappointed because in 15 minutes, I needed to be walking into work. I kept listening, and just as I was thinking I wouldn't know the rest of the story, they brought her back early. She had a testimony of so much hope. I will not go into the entire story, but it was related to 11 years of marriage and children and doubting but keeping the faith. She prayed for years to change someone in her life. When that wasn't working, she started praying to change herself. That didn't work, and she realized she was praying the wrong prayers. She changed her prayers to ask that she can willingly accept God's will in her life. Then it all turned around.
I recently told my dear friend that I felt guilty because I wanted to ask everyone to pray that we get this baby with no problems or setbacks. I know that God knows which baby is ours and will provide when the time and situation is right. She told me it is okay to pray for God's will to match the desires of your heart. So when I heard that lady's story, I took a deep breath and let out a long exhale and felt a weight lifted. Worrying is not going to help us get our baby any quicker.
The song Redeemed came on the radio immediately after. It starts like this:
Seems like all I could see was the struggle
Haunted by ghosts that lived in my past
Bound up in shackles of all my failures
Wondering how long is this gonna last
Then You look at this prisoner and say to me "Son,
Stop fighting a fight, it's already been won"
I believe very strongly that I was running late on my time that day, but I was right on the time God had planned for me that day. Thank you Jesus for knowing what I need more than I do and for showing me right when I need it.
Redeemed by Big Daddy Weave
No comments:
Post a Comment