Something has held me back from showing this blog to the world. Once it's out there, this most personal thing that is happening in our lives is open to criticism and commentary. Why would anyone purposefully be so vulnerable? As noted, I am an optimist, cautious or not. I am naive enough to still believe in the good in people. And moreover that evil will be trumped by good. I believe that if I continue to release positivity into the world, it will be returned to me. And mostly I believe that God will protect me from the negativity and pain. And I think that goodness will prevail.
Know that a blog is an expression of one's heart and mind. And while I am opening myself to all sorts of judgement, I am doing it willingly. And although I will be the author most of the time, I am doing it with the blessing of my one of a kind, incredible, amazing husband. Reading the blogs of others in the midst of the journey of adoption has been therapeutic and education and equally heart-warming and heart-wrenching. If even one person is helped by anything in this silly blog of ours, it's far-exceeded my expectations. Thanks for being an audience.
Taking a deep breath and going to FB official...
Fear by Sarah McLachlan
so happy for ya'll!! tara
ReplyDelete